During this period of heightened awareness and social distancing, we are taking additional precautions to meet strict Centers for Disease Control, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as well as state and local health department guidelines.
Click here for our Hospice House Visitation Guidelines - Updated August 1st
The health and safety of our patients and associates remain our top priorities. Every action and measure we put in place reflects that commitment. Our team has been following the directions of the Maryland Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). In partnership with the state health departments, and our operational and clinical teams, we are monitoring the care for all of our patients. Based on their guidance, we have been proactively implementing precautions that reduce the risk of exposure and possible spread to others. In short, our focus is on reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Our precautionary actions
- Put in place visitation restrictions designed to help protect our Hospice House patients, associates and families.
- Implemented comprehensive screening of all who enter our facility.
- Initiated screening of family and patients prior to all home visits.
- Applied social-distancing measures.
- Required all associates and clinical partners to wear a face mask when working.
- Regularly conducted stringent deep cleaning.
We made all these changes to reduce the potential for exposure to COVID-19 while a patient receives care.
Our staff requirements
We have mandated that:
- Every staff member follows our protocols and is fully dressed in appropriate personal protective equipment at all times in patient care areas.
- Any staff member who tests positive will adhere to established infection-control protocols with guidance from the local health department and CDC and will remain off work until cleared by our infection control nurse.