Thank you for your interest in Talbot Hospice! Resumes and applications are accepted on an ongoing basis as we are always looking for exceptional individuals to join our outstanding team of professionals. Talbot Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your letter of inquiry with resume and application to email@example.com or to Talbot Hospice, Attention: Human Resources, 586 Cynwood Drive, Easton, Maryland, 21601.
Currently, the following employment opportunities are available:
Full time, salaried position, generally daytime with some evenings and weekends as required.
Talbot Hospice is seeking a creative and compassionate individual that has a love for helping and supporting families at end of life and a vision for developing new bereavement programs and services.
Providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to quality hospice care, changing one life at a time.
This position is responsible for the supervision of and overall management of a bereavement program. Responsibilities include the planning, implementation, maintenance and provision of services necessary to patients, bereaved clients, identified caregivers, hospice staff, and the community at large.
This is a great opportunity to work with a strong interdisciplinary team! Hospice social workers assess the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment. Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments, as patient/family needs change. Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, and communication patterns. Provides support and counseling to hospice patients and families to assist with coping skills at end of life. Qualifications include: Master’s Degree (MSW), Maryland license at the LCSW or LSCW-C level. Must have a minimum of one year experience in health care, hospice preferred. General computer skills required. Weekend on-call rotation responsibilities.
NURSE PRACTITIONER - PALLIATIVE CARE
Talbot Hospice is searching for part-time or per diem nurse practitioner for our community home-based Palliative Care Program. The palliative care nurse practitioner provides expertise in a consultative role to patients with advanced disease in accordance with state specific nurse practice law. The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with the medical director, attending physician, specialists, and non-physician providers as applicable for the purpose of coordination of care to effectively meet the medical, psychological, and spiritual needs of the patient. This enables patients to live life as fully and comfortably as possible in an atmosphere where patients and families are able to share their thoughts, hopes and concerns. Patients will be served in the home setting, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The patient population included on service consists of patients greater than 18 years of age, who are living with and suffering from symptoms caused by serious chronic illnesses.
The Eastern Shore is a great location to live and work! It is extremely rewarding to be able to go into the patient's environment and help them during this phase of life. Be a part of our team making a difference. Help us grow our Palliative Care Program! Opportunities may extend to Hospice care in the future.
The ideal candidate will have:
Hospice, palliative, and/or end-of-life care (EoLC) is preferred, not required.
Three (3) or more years of experience practicing as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred.
· Master of Science degree with completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program required.
· Current state licensure as a Nurse Practitioner required
· Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required
· Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct patient care is required
· Palliative care experience preferred, not required
· DEA and CDS eligible
Talbot Hospice is accepting applications for dually licensed CNA/CMTs (Certified Nursing Assistant and Certified Medication Technician) to work in our 12-bed Hospice House. Full-time NIGHT SHIFT caregiver (40 hours per week). All positions require every other weekend rotations. Must have BOTH current CNA & CMT certifications.
The Hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of the IDT group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for patients to meet their personal needs and to promote comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. Administers medications as per state regulations and licensure.
1. Dual CNA licensure and Certified Medication Technician (CMT) licensure and meets the training requirements of the State.
2. At least 18 years of age with patient care experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care. Previous experience caring for patients in LTC or previous hospice desired.
4. Must understand job assignments and be able to complete them with confidence, maintaining the highest standards of care.
5. Must follow instructions and meet changing conditions in a professional manner.
WEEKEND ON-CALL REGISTERED NURSE
Talbot Hospice is growing and we are looking for RNs for weekend staffing!
The On Call Registered Nurse responds to the needs of patients and families during the weekend including after hours. The RN organizes and directs hospice care to maintain the comfort and quality of life for Talbot Hospice patients. The On-call/triage nurse will respond to telephone requests for assistance and perform home visits for hospice and palliative care patients and families in their home setting and facilities, and Hospice House after-hours and on weekends.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and one to two years of recent
experience in home care.
2. Current licensure in Maryland.
3. Bachelor’s degree, with hospice care experience and CHPN preferred; expected to achieve CHPN status by end of third year.
4. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
5. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with policy requirements and is in good working order.